How Counseling Can Help
Individual Counseling helps people to:
- Identify negative or illogical thinking patterns that may cause feelings of hopelessness and helplessness and develop a more positive outlook
- Increase and regain a sense of control and pleasure in life
- Find solutions to recurring life problems
- Discover your personal strengths an how to use them in all aspects of your life
- Explore feelings that may keep you stuck and confused
- Attending counseling is not a sign of weakness, it takes a strong, courageous person to address their difficulties.
The majority of people who seek counseling do not have a serious mental health issue. Most individuals seek and benefit from counseling for issues such as adjusting to life transitions, job stress, relationship issues, stress management, infertility issues, and difficulties with parenting.